Leading scientist, Doctor of Sciences.
Born in 1956, Gorki region.
Radio engineering faculty of Gorki Polytechnical Institute (nowadays - the Nizhniy Novgorod State Technical University) in 1978, a speciality - a radio engineering.
1993 – Ph.D. on Radio physics,
2006 – Doctor of Sci. on Devices and methods of experimental physics.
Scope of professional interests:
Radio physics, a radio engineering of low temperatures, developed of high-sensitivity cryogenically cooled receiver complexes for millimeter and submillimeter frequency ranges for spectral astronomical researches, and also the purposes of atmospheric spectroscopy, medical and biologic researches and other applications. Socially-personnel and professional problems of scientific community, scientifically-educational activity.
Since 1978 on the present the worker of Institute of applied physics: the Engineer, the Senior engineer, Junior Researcher, Researcher, Senior Researcher, leading researcher. With 1991 on 2007 - the head of trade-union organization in IAP.
Since 2006 on the present time - the chairman of the council of trade union of workers of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Since 2008 on the present – collaboration with Astrospace Centre of FIAN.
Vice-president of the World federation of science workers (WFSW),
Member of the International institute of engineers on electronics (IEEE),
a member of the commission of Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences on work with youth and commission on efficiency and to perfection of structure of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Awards, prizes, grants:
Have been awarded by the Certificate of honour of Presidium of the Russian Academy of Sciences and Council of trade union of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Thanks of the President of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Governor of the Nizhniy Novgorod region, Certificates of honour of Federation of independent tradeunions of Russia (FITR), the Minister of Education of the Nizhniy Novgorod region, the head of administration of the Nizhniy Novgorod area, silver medal of National exhibition and K.E.Tsiolkovskogo's medal, an anniversary medal of 100 years to trade unions and FITR medal. For last 18 years was the executor and the head of a series of grants: 10 grants of the Russian Foundation of Basic Researches, 6 INTAS grants, 3 grants of the Soros fundation, 4 grants of the federal program Integration, ESO grant (the European southern observatory), Russian Foundation of technology development grant, 5 ISTC grants NATO SfP grant (the Science for Peace).
Publications: more than 100 papers in Refereed Journals and Proceedings of International Conferences
1. Apparatus for spectral radio astronomical observations at millimeter wavelengths. / I.I.Zinchenko, A.F.Andrijanov, A.B. Burov, V.F.Vdovin et al./ Conf.Dig. of Internationale Conference on Millimeter Wave and Far-Infrared Technology (ICMWFT'89) / Dragon Spring Hotel, Beijing, China,- June 19- 23, 1989.
2. A 110 GHz Ozone Radiometer with a Cryogenically Cooled Planar Schottky Mixer. O.Koistinen, H.Valmu, A.Raisanen, V.Vdovin, Yu. Drjagin and I.Lapkin. / IEEE trans. on MTT, vol. 41 No 12, Dec. 1993. p. 2232- 2236.
3. Yu.A.Dryagin, K.Kuittinen, I.V.Lapkin, E.Oinaskallio, J.Peltonen, V.F.Vdovin, I.I.Zinchenko. LOW-NOISE PLANAR SHOTTKY DIODE MIXER FOR THE 3-MM RADIO ASTRONOMICAL RECEIVER.- Experimental Astronomy, 1995, v.,5, p. 279
4. V.Vdovin. Problems of cryogenical cooling of solid state 0.1-1 TGz Receivers. Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 48, No.10-11, 2005, p.876.
5. V. F. Vdovin, A. I. Eliseev, I. I. Zinchenko, V. P. Koshelets, I. V. Kuznetsov, I. V. Lapkin, A. Mujunen, E. Oinaskallio, J. Peltonen, O. M. Pilipenko, S. Urpo, L. V. Filippenko, S. V. Shitov, and A. M. Shtanyuk A Two-Frequency Two-Polarization Superconducting Receiver for Radio-Astronomical Investigations in the Millimetric Wave Band . Journal of Communications Technology and Electronics 2005. V. 50. N 9. P.1207
6. The program of modernization of the millimeter wave receiver complex of the Metsahovi Radio Observatory. V. Vdovin, O. Bolshakov, J. Kalunki, P. Kirves, D. Korotaev, A. Mujunen, V. Nosov, E. Oinaskallio, J. Peltonen, A. Pilipenko, A. Shtanyuk, P. Sjoman, K. Wiik, I. Zinchenko The X Finnish-Russian Radio Astronomy Symposium September 1-5, 2008, Orilampi, Finland.
7. Development of high sensitive 1.2 mm imaging radiometer with two-polarization antenna-coupled TES-bolometer array for ground-based 6-m optical telescope. Alexander N. Vystavkin*a, Alla G. Kovalenkoa, Sergey V. Shitova, Andrey V. Pestryakova, Sergey E. Bankova, Vladimir F. Zabolotnya, Elena V. Frolovaa, Ilya A. Cohna, Oleg V. Koryukina, Artem A. Kuzmin a, Anton A. Zubovicha, Andrey.V, Uvarova, Aleksey S. Il’ina, V. N. Trofimovb, A. N. Chernikov b, Vyacheslav F. Vdovinc, Vladimir G. Perminovc, Oleg S. Bol’shakovc, M. G. Mingalievd, G. V. Yakopovd. Dig. Of Conf “SPIE Astronomical Instrumentation”, 23-28 June, Marselle, France.
8. New Challenge for 0.1 - 0.3 THz Technology: Development of Apparatus for Radio Telescope RT-70 V. Vdovin, I. Zinchenko, Yu. Artemenko, V. Dubrovich, A. Baryshev. Dig. of 19th International Symposium on Space Terahertz Technology – ISSTT 2008, 28 – 30 April 2008, Groningen, the Netherlands.
9. V.Vdovin Some problems of development, modeling and terrestrial testing of cryocomponents of the Millimetron. International symposium “Millimetron science & instrumentation workshop” SRON - Utrecht - 15-16.01.09.
10. V.Vdovin. Technical development and cooperation of MILLIMETRON Mission. International symposium “Millimetron science & instrumentation workshop” Paris, October 5-6, 2009
11. V. F. Vdovin . and I. I. Zinchenko Modern Millimeter and Submillimeter receiver systems for Radio Astronomy. Radiophysics and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 52, No. 7, 2009 p.461.