Samsonov Sergey Viktorovich
Head of research group.
Physics of plasmas and high-power electronics department.
D.Sci., Professor RAS
Born in 1966, Arzamas-75 (now Sarov), married, have two children.
- Ph.D. 1996, Institute of Applied Physics Russian Academy of Sciences, Nizhny Novgorod
- M.Sc. 1989, Gorky Polytechnical Institute (with honor)
- r. of Science, 2008, Institute of Applied Physics Russian Academy of Sciences, Nizhny Novgorod
Ph.D. 1996, Institute of Applied Physics Russian Academy of Sciences, Nizhny Novgorod
M.Sc. 1989, Gorky Polytechnical Institute (with honor)
Scope of professional interests:
High-power vacuum microwave electronics: gyrotron-type devices, relativistic generators, electron-optical and microwave systems, nonlinear dynamics.
Institute of Applied Physics RAS, 1989 - currently (Junior Researcher, Researcher, Senior Researcher, Head of Research Group)
- Visiting Scientist, Strathclyde University ( Glasgow , UK ), several visits.
Awards, prizes, grants:
- Medal of Russian Academy of Sciences and Prize for Young Scientists for the series of works “Theoretical and experimental study of powerful free-electron masers” (together with Dr. A.V. Savilov and Dr. N.Yu. Peskov), 2000
- Grants and awards for Young scientists (Soros Foundation 1992-1995)
- Participation and heading of grants of the Russian Foundation for Basic Researches
about 150 papers in refereed journals and Proceedings of International Conferences
- V.L. Bratman, G.G. Denisov, B.D. Kol'chugin, S.V. Samsonov, and A.B. Volkov “Experimental demonstration of high-efficiency cyclotron-autoresonance-maser operation”, Physical Review Letters, 1995, vol. 75, no.17, pp. 3102-3105.
- G.G. Denisov, V.L. Bratman, A.W. Cross, W. He, A.D.R. Phelps, K. Ronald, S.V. Samsonov and C.G. Whyte, “Gyrotron traveling wave amplifier with a helical interaction waveguide”, Physical Review Letters, 1998, vol. 81, no.25, pp. 5680-5683.
- V.L. Bratman, A.W. Cross, G.G. Denisov, W. He, A.D.R. Phelps, K. Ronald, S.V. Samsonov, C.G. Whyte and A.R. Young, “High-Gain Wide-Band Gyrotron Traveling Wave Amplifier with a Helically Corrugated Waveguide”, Physical Review Letters, 2000, vol.84, no.12, pp. 2746-2749.
- V. L. Bratman, A. E. Fedotov, N. G. Kolganov, S. V. Samsonov, A. V. Savilov, “Effective co-generation of opposite and forward waves in cyclotron-resonance masers”, Physical Review Letters, 2000, vol.85, pp. 3424-3427.
- S.V. Samsonov, A.D.R. Phelps, V.L. Bratman, G. Burt, G.G. Denisov, A.W. Cross, K. Ronald, W. He and H. Yin, “Compression of frequency modulated pulses using helically corrugated waveguides and its potential for generating multi-gigawatt RF radiation”, Physical Review Letters, 2004, vol. 92, p. 118301.