Grigory V. Gelikonov
2 October 1970, Archangelsk, Russia
1987-1992: Radiophysics and Electronics, Radiophysical Department of Nizhny Novgorod (Gorky) State University. M.S. (Diploma YB#112470 Jun 17, 1992)
Ph.D. (Diploma KT#172554 of Sep 26, 2005)
1992-present: Research Intern, Junior Researcher, Research Scientist, Head of Laboratory at the Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Science
2006-present: Director of BioMedTech Llc.
Development and creation of single mode fiber elements, such as couplers, multiplexers, polarizers, including elements with polarization maintaining fibers. Invention of a new type of fiber couplers.
Fiber optic Gyro (FOG):
Development and creation of high sensitive, low cost, stable FOGs.
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) imaging of biotissues:
Participation in creation of an optical coherence tomography, the first one in the FSU – a device for non-invasive optical imaging in turbid media, including animal and human biotissues. Development of software for automated data acquisition and image processing. Invention of a brand new fast in-depth scanning OCT system (Russian and US patents). Invention of a micro lateral scanning probe for endoscopic OCT. Experiments with laboratory and clinical imaging of animal and human tissues. Experimental study of middle-infrared laser ablation of biotissue with OCT monitoring.
Invention of a number of modifications of the OCT technique, including cross-polarization OCT and two-wavelength OCT. Development of spectral domain OCT imaging methods. Development of the Broadband Digital Holography technique for biotissue imaging.
Participated in 6 international experimental campaign, including the ones at the University of Florida (Gainesville, FL, USA, 1996, 1998, 1999), Athens General State Hospital (Athens, Greece, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998).
Collaborates with Imalux Corporation in transferring the Optical Coherence Tomography technology directed towards OCT commercialization, which received FDA clearance in the United States. (2000 - present)
SABIT training program at Imalux Corporation (Jan 23 – Feb 14, 2004)
State Prize of the Russian Federation in Science and Technology of Sept. 29, 1999 (Diploma #1775).
Contributed to 63 scientific publications and 10 patents.
List of Selected Publications:
- Roper S., Moores M.D., Gelikonov G.V., Feldchtein F.I., Beach N.M., King M.A., Gelikonov V.M., Sergeev A.M., Reitze D.H. In vivo detection of experimentally induced cortical dysgenesis abnormality in the adult rat neocortex using optical coherence tomography. - Journ. of Neur. Meth., 1998, v.80, No.1, p.91-98.
- Feldchtein F.I., Gelikonov G.V., Gelikonov V.M., Kuranov R. V., Sergeev A.M., Gladkova N.D., Shakhov A.V., Shakhova N.M., Snopova L.B., Terent'eva A.B., Zagainova E.V., Chumakov Yu.P., Kuznetzova I.A. Endoscopic applications of optical coherence tomography. - Optics Express, 1998, v.3, No.6, p.257-269.
- Feldchtein F.I., Gelikonov G.V., Gelikonov V.M., Iksanov R. R., Kuranov R.V., Sergeev A.M., Gladkova N.D., Ourutina M.N., Warren J.A., Reitze D.H. In vivo OCT imaging of hard and soft tissue of the oral cavity. - Optics Express, 1998, v.3, No.6, p.239-250.
- Kamensky V.A., Feldchtein F.I., Gelikonov V.M., Snopova L. B., Muraviov S.V., Malyshev A., Bityurin N.M., Sergeev A.M. In situ monitoring of laser modification process in cataracted eye lens and in cornea using coherence tomography. - Journ. Biomed. Opt., 1999, v.4, N1, p.1-7.
- S. Jackle, N. Gladkova, F. Feldchtein, A. Terentieva, B. Brand, G. Gelikonov, V. Gelikonov, A. Sergeev, A. Fritscher-Ravens, J. Freund, U. Seitz, S. Schroder, N. Soehendra, In Vivo Endoscopic Optical Coherence Tomography of Esophagitis, Barretts Esophagus, and Adenocarcinoma of the Esophagus, Endoscopy, v32, N10, p. 750-755, 2000.
- S. Jackle, N. Gladkova, F. Feldchtein, A. Terentieva, B. Brand, G. Gelikonov, V. Gelikonov, A. Sergeev, A. Fritscher-Ravens, J. Freund, U. Seitz, S. Schroder, N. Soehendra In Vivo Endoscopic Optical Coherence Tomography of the Human Gastrointestinal Tract - Toward Optical Biopsy Endoscopy, v32, N10, p. 743-743-749, 2000
- F.I.Feldchtein, V.M.Gelikonov, G.V.Gelikonov Design of OTC Scanners, Chapter of "Handbook of Optical Coherence Tomography". Marcel Dekker , New York, 2001,editted by B.E. Bouma, G.J. Tearney
- Dolin L.S., Feldchtein F.I., Gelikonov G.V., Gelikonov V.M., Gladkova N.D., Iksanov R.R., Kamensky V.A., Kuranov R.V., Sergeev A.M., Shakhova N.M., Turchin I.V. Fundamentals and Clinical Applications of the PM-Fiber Based Endoscopic OCT // Coherent-Domain Optical Methods Biomedical Diagnostics, Environmental and Material Science. Pros. of SPIE: Kluwer Academic Publishers - 2004. - 211-271.
- Gelikonov G.V., Gelikonov V.M., Ksenofontov S.U., Morosov A.N., Myakov A.V., Potapov Y.P., Saposhnikova V.V., Sergeeva E.A., Shabanov D.V., Shakhova N.M., Zagainova E.V. Compact Optical Coherence Microscope // Coherent-Domain Optical Methods Biomedical Diagnostics, Environmental and Material Science: Kluwer Academic Publishers - 2004. - P. 345-363